HOTSPOT: Hoeked Doughnuts


EN

My last time eating a square shaped doughnut was in NY 7 years ago.
So to my surprise when I have accidentally discovered a doughnut shop called 'Hoeked Doughnuts' in Antwerp that sells square shaped doughnuts I just couldn't believe my eyes and I was immediately hooked.
And because it is squared it has automatically the perfect fitting for your Instagram feed which is just great! 
NL

Mijn laatste keer dat ik een vierkante donut heb gegeten was in NY 7 jaar geleden. Dus toen ik in Antwerpen was en tot mijn verbazing een donutwinkel genaamd 'Hoeked Dougnuts' tegenkwam die toevallig vierkante donuts verkoopt was ik gelijk verkocht. Ik moet en zal je opeten! Uiteindelijk heb ik 2 smaakjes op en omdat ze vierkant zijn, hebben ze gelijk de juiste formaat voor jouw perfecte Instagram kiekje. Geweldig!

❝Zweef
de cursor over de tekst
voor Nederlandse
vertaling!

hoek [hoeken]
noun
1. means corner in Dutch



Their shop in Antwerp may be small yet very appealing to look at because the interior is cleverly designed plus the wrapping and packaging is just great!
 #hoekeddoughnuts #hoekedantwerp #hoekedonhoeked 


MatchaMatcha & Bittersweet
Once at home I immediately unpack my doughnut box happily to see my two hoeked doughnuts intact and beautiful. It`s time to taste!
So as you can see the `bittersweet` one which is the chocolate one looks a bit bigger than the `matchamatcha` one but anyways. The bittersweet has big nice chocolate flavour but more importantly the doughnut itself which is fortunately pillowly and fluffy. Very trés yum!

The `matchamatcha` however has a totally different dough texture and has a bagel/bread texture mouth feel. Later I have learned it is made of spelt flour with seeds which makes this doughnut a healthy one. Bonus! I would have liked a bit more matcha powder flavour to it. #matchaholic
They were €2,90 per each (the daily specials €3,20) which I thought were a tad pricey. O well I`m someone who`s adventurous and willing to pay for new kind of food even it`s on the pricier side. As long it`s tasty and worth the money I would come back for sure and would I come back to Hoeked? O yeah for sure!
ADDRESS: Oudaan 4 2000 Antwerp - BELGIUM

FOOD: •••∙ 3,⁵/5
INTERIOR: ••••∙ 4,⁵/5
SERVICE: ••••∙ 4,⁵/5
PRICE: •• 2/5

Comments

  1. Square donuts?! There's a popular donut place in the Pacific North West known for its wacky and good donuts but definitely never seen a square one before. Looks really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oehhh that place sounds pretty yum yum too! In my opinion, all doughnuts are YUM :D Xx

      Delete
  2. Perfect shape for Instagram haha love it! The interior is gorgeous, and the square bike tires are clever too! Cute checkered square doughnut you made at the end :D -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tehehe I was being creative at the end :D nice yin & yang right! Xx

      Delete
  3. I've never seen a square donut before! They look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen a square doughnut before, that is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah! I hope you'll try out one someday :D Xx

      Delete
  5. Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a square doughnut before :0 These look delicious though! I would totally go for the matcha one too haha, matchaholics for life :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's delicious and fun to eat at the same time ^___^ and yeah! Matchaholic for life! Xx

      Delete
  6. omg square shaped donuts! i'm currently down with a strep throat thanks to krispy kreme's glazed donut that i ate 2 days ago and i should be over donuts but looking at this, i'm craving for one xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always wake me up for good fresh doughnuts :P haha I wish my country has Krispy Kreme doughnut shop :c Xx

      Delete
  7. Wahhhhh, dit ziet er echt fantastisch uit. Instantly op mn to-go lijstje gezet voor Antwerpen :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is echt een super leuke hotspot en aan te raden :D Xx

      Delete
  8. Oh God I love doughnuts!

    http://bysheene.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High-5 :D yaay! I hope you'll get the chance to try out a squared doughnut one! Xx

      Delete
  9. Oh, incredible donuts!!!
    I love the shop interior, too:)

    akiko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Awesome doughnuts in an awesome interior! Xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

You might also like...

DIY: Mini Whip Cream

DIY: Crochet banana

DIY: Crochet Miniature Cinnamon Rolls